Using remote start of the car ERS in the Volvo On Call app
The Engine Remote Start (ERS) function can cool or heat your Volvo to 22 °C on the basis of automatic settings.
Ensure that your car is positioned in a place where it is safe to start the car according to local environmental regulations and laws. The car doors must be locked and the gearbox must be set to Park. Then follow the instructions below.
It is possible to start the car using the ERS function in the Volvo On Call app twice in succession, after that the car has to be started with the key before ERS can be started via the Volvo On Call app again.
Things to bear in mind when using remote start of the car (ERS)
It is important to make sure that it is safe, according to local environmental regulations and laws, to start ERS. Ensure the following requirements are met before you start the car using the ERS function in the Volvo On Call app:
- The car is locked and that there are not any keys in the car
- The bonnet is locked
- The car is parked and the gearbox is set to park position
- The engine is not running
- The car is under supervision
- There are no people or animals in or around the car
- The car is not parked inside an enclosed space/area without sufficient ventilation
- There is no risk to anyone who is in direct contact with the car (e.g. during a service in a workshop or children playing near the car)
- By law, use of the function is permitted at the set time
The system will also check the following before starting the engine:
- Engine status is OK (no critical fault codes)
- Battery level OK
- Sufficient fuel level (more than 8 litres (2.11 US gallons)).
You will also find user recommendations in the Volvo On Call app.