Rybrook Land Rover – Winter Driving Tips
Posted in News | 18/12/2018
WINTER DRIVING CHECKLIST
When driving in wintery conditions, on or off road, it’s a good idea to carry the following:
– Heavy-duty jump leads
– Tow rope
– Torch, with spare batteries
– Light bulb kit and fuse range
– De-icer and windscreen scraper
– Waterproof boots or wellies
(help reduce glare from low sun)
– Warm clothes and a blanket
– High energy food and drink
– Traction aids
– Snow chains
(for very icy roads or deep snow)
- Tune in to travel and weather updates on the radio.
- Use progressive throttle, gentle steering and progressive braking.
- Keep your speed down and allow significantly greater stopping distances.
- If you’re taking a long journey or travelling in bad weather, let a relative or friend know your intended route and ETA.
- Always keep both hands on the wheel, even when reversing.
OUTDOOR CAR COVER
This all-weather tailored cover protects your vehicle from frost and snow.
RUBBER FLOOR MATS
Durable waterproof mats, perfect for protecting your interior from snowy boots.
SNOW TRACTION SYSTEMS
Snow Traction System is designed to give improved steering and braking control on snow and ice, when fitted to rear wheels.
Highly durable, Land Rover-approved tyres with deep tread for added reliability in wintry conditions.
Fit to your wheels to enhance steering, braking control and vehicle safety on icy roads.
EMERGENCY SNOW TRACTION AID
Emergency traction aid (snow socks) assists in the traction on snow and ice covered roads.