Leather Care – Rybrook Jaguar
Posted in Luxury | 15/02/2019
Rybrook Jaguar - Useful tips on keeping your leather upholstery in tip-top condition!
Some materials are prone to dye transfer, which can cause unsightly discoloration of lighter colored leathers. Affected areas should be cleaned and re-protected as soon as possible.
To prevent ingrained dirt and staining, inspect the seat upholstery regularly and clean every one to two months, as follows:
- Wipe off fine dust from the seat surfaces using a clean, damp, non-colored cloth. Change frequently to a clean area of cloth, to avoid abrasive action on the leather surface. Avoid over-wetting.
- If this is not sufficient, use a cloth which has been dampened with warm soapy water and then wrung out. Use only mild non-caustic soap.
- Use Jaguar Leather Cleaner for heavily soiled areas. Dry off and rub with a clean soft cloth, changing surfaces regularly.
Use Jaguar Leather Cleaner several times a year to maintain its appearance and suppleness. The cleaner will nourish and moisturize, and help to improve the surface's protective film against dust and substances.
- Do not use solvents. Do not use detergents, furniture polish, or household cleaners. While these products may initially give impressive results, their use will lead to rapid deterioration of the leather and will invalidate the warranty. Jaguar recommends a basic set of products that have been specially selected for the type of leather in your vehicle.
- Dark clothing may stain leather seats, just like other upholstery products.
- Sharp objects, such as belts, zip fasteners, rivets, etc., can leave permanent scratches and scratch marks on the leather surface.
- Unless spillages, such as tea, coffee, or ink are washed away immediately, permanent staining may have to be accepted.
- If a valet service is used, make sure that the specialist concerned is aware of, and follows, these instructions precisely.